First issue I had with it was configuring linter-puppet-lint because for some reasons (1st, 2nd) is not able to find puppet-lint in the path and because I find my self doing lots of Puppet this days this was crucial for me so instead of just uninstalling Atom I decided to RTFM first. So I found out that there is a option to specify the full path to the binary, sadly the example given on the page:
is not working and needs to be:
So all you have to do is go ahead and edit this file
~/.atom/config.cson and add the working code above and you are good to go. :-)
Atom is not bad at all but if you want something to just work then keep using whatever you are using now. I will play with Atom for a bit more because I like hacking my way around stuff :-)
RAM usage is okish with one project loaded + 8 plugins (packages) is using 255MB of memory while Sublime Text 2 is using 102MB with the same project open but with no plugins.
PS: this post is written in Atom and published directly from it using jekyll “plugin”